Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Mask Tutorial

                        Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I made this tutorial simply because of my friend angela its a tut on how to make masks.

Step 1. Pick a Picture you would like to turn into a mask.  

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Step 2. On your image hold down the shift key and tap the d key to duplicate and you should have a second image; close the original one. *Note- you dont have to duplicate the image if you dont want to I only did it for insurance that i wouldnt ruin my original picture by an accident.*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Step 3. Now go to colors and click it for the drop down menu than scroll down to the adjust then click brightness/contrast,

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

a box should pop-up. Set the brightness to -225 then set the contrast to 69, click OK.  Your image should be black like mines.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Step 4. Go up to masks and scroll to new, then click from image,

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

a box should pop-up and in the drop down menu select "this window" make sure source luminace is checked and also make sure invert data mask is checked Click OK.

Step 5. Go back up to masks and now you should see its a disk at the bottom of the menu and it says "save to disk" click it and a save box should come up.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Save it as any name you want and in your masks folder or where ever you save your masks at and your DONE! Your mask can now be used like any other mask! Now close your picture u will be prompted and asked if you want to save changes to the image or what not click no because you already saved your mask in your folder. 

*Note- you dont have to go to save to disk you can save it as .jpg like any other image and put it with the rest of your masks.*

Tutorial by Cherry :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Pink mask:) know clue what you are talking about LOL have a good night and give smokey a hug for me

Deb

Anonymous said...

When things slow down I ama gonna have to remember to come back and figure out how to do that.  Hope you had a good day today.  I will check out you other journal  later.  smiles.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

WTG....I'm not even attempting this right now.  You do sooooo well with this stuff.
Chris

Anonymous said...

AAAAHHHHHH...........Computers!

You and my husband would get along SO WELL!  Thanks though, this is extremely informative!  I might try it.....someday.....LOL :-)

 

Anonymous said...

Thanks you for that ,Idont have a clue ,Ihave printed it off so I can digest at liesure ,one day I  might ?????    Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Ooooo thanks for sharing that I may have to have a go :-)

Anonymous said...

hi Cherry, love your designs. How do you make your designs animated ? What programme do you use, would love to have a go but am clueless. I would love some help love Gill xx

Anonymous said...

Aww....thanks sweets for making a tut for me.....I will give it a try and send  you my results!! Your such a doll....thanks again!

Hugs n love
Angela

Anonymous said...

Good job!  Thanks for sharing the tut!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm going to do this. You're a nice person.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Great job on this tutorial.  I missed this somehow??  Anyway, I am going to give this a try!  Thank you so much.  GBU, Shelly